Old 8mm Film Transfer Service!
ALL WORK DONE IN OUR STUDIO!
NO MIDDLEMEN INVOLVED!!
Serving Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, and now the entire U.S.A.! $10 gets your order shipped back to you, no matter how big, or where you live in the lower 48 states. Contact us for shipping information. There are no "middlemen" involved, just the customer, and American Video!
Let American Video transfer your old 8mm, and Super 8 film to video or DVD, at a price you can afford! Film gradually fades, so you don't want to wait. Film transfer is one of our most popular services, and we are experts at it! American Video has transferred over 100,000 rolls of film, since beginning in 1994!
Film transfer makes for an excellent Christmas, or anniversary/birthday present! We do the work right in our studio. We do not send out your valuable films, like drug stores and other retail outlets. There are no middlemen involved at all. Nobody will handle your films except us, so there is absolutely no way they will or can get lost!
PRICES FOR 8mm and SUPER 8mm FILM TRANSFER
- Large reels: 14 cents per foot. Large rolls range in size from 200 - 400 feet. For you comparison shoppers, Walgreen's is 18 cents per foot, and they ship the film out for transfer, so there is a risk of it becoming lost!
- Small 3" or 50 foot rolls: $9 per roll.
- $25 Set up fee (we completely organize your order for perfect reproduction!)
- DVDs copies: first one is $20, additional copies of DVDs are $10. DVDs are custom printed with your family name and an old film logo, all at no charge. DVDs are much sharper with better detail, as they are double the resolution of VHS tapes.
- VHS copies are $10 each.
- A musical background soundtrack is included at no charge!
Large reel lengths: 5" = 200 feet; 6" = 300 feet; 7" = 400 feet.
Each 50 foot reel runs about 3 to 3 1/2 minutes, so we can put 35 small reels, or close to 1750 feet onto a 2 hour DVD. Super 8 runs slightly faster, so we can put close to 1900 feet of Super 8 onto a 2 hour DVD.
Sound Super 8mm, in rare cases where it has an original sound track, is $14 per 50 ft. roll, or 17 cents per foot for large rolls. This higher cost is due to the absolute rarity and high cost of good condition, Super 8mm sound projectors, which we just happen to have one of!
You come in with 25, 50 ft. rolls, and three, 200 foot rolls, and want 2 DVDs:
- Setup: $25
- 25 X $9 = $225
- 600 ft. X .14 = $84
- 2 DVDs = $20 + 10 = $30
TOTAL: $364 plus Ohio Sales Tax
Normal turnaround time is usally 1 - 2 weeks. Call us at 513-522-5700 to schedule a time to bring your tapes in, or mail/ship to address below. We are located just south of the Ronald Reagan/Cross County Highway, off Colerain Ave., in Colerain Township.
7116-D Pippin Rd.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45239